Classroom.” Director: Sybille Gruber.
- 2003 B.A, summa cum laude, Western State College, Gunnison Undergraduate Dissertation: “Exploring Women: Rethinking Charles
Bukowski” Director: William King. Committee: Christine Jesperson, Zelda Rouillard, Mark Todd
- 2000 A.A., Colorado Mountain College. Alpine Campus, Steamboat Springs.
- Arapahoe Community College, 2010-present. ENG 060, ENG 090, ENG 121, ENG 122, ENG 221, LIT 115, CCR 094
- Colorado Mountain College, 2013-present. ENG 121
- Red Rocks Community College, 2007-2009. ENG 090, ENG 121, ENG 122, ENG 221, LIT 115
- University of Northern Arizona, 2005-2007. ENG Composition I, ENG Composition II
- Western State College, 2004-2005. Lit as Film, Film as Lit (course assistant)
- 2010-present, Writing Center Coordinator, Arapahoe Community College
- 2010-present, Associate Professor, Arapahoe Community College
- 2008-2010,Writing Center, Metro State College
- 2007-2009 Adjunct Faculty, Red Rocks Community College
Fields of Specialization:
- Writing Center Pedagogy; Developmental English; American literature (especially marginalized
writers); composition; creative writing; flash fiction; hip-hop studies; women’s
studies; film; children’s literature; performance-based literature.
- 2013: Master Teacher Certificate
- 2012: Leadership Academy Program
- 2006: Charles Bull Award, Northern Arizona University
- 2005: Graduate Assistantship, Northern Arizona University
- 2003: Alumni Award for Excellence, Western State College Alumni
- 2002: International Study Abroad Scholarship for Summer Study in Chile,ISA
- 2002: Valerie Mitchell Memorial Scholarship from the Department of Communications, Arts, Language, and Literature, Western State College
- 2001: Boettcher Opportunity Award, Western State College
- 2000-2003: Presidential Scholarship, Western State College
- 2000-2003: Western Summit Scholarship, Western State College
- 1999: Phi Theta Kappa, Colorado Mountain College
- “The Fundamentals of CCR 094.” Colorado Association for Developmental Education (COADE). September 2013.
- “Flash Fiction: How and Why to Teach It.” Association of Writers and Writing Programs (AWP—National Conference). Chicago,
- “Using Blogs and Social Media as Teaching Tools.” Arapahoe Community College, September, 2011.
- “Where the Publishing Industry is Heading.” Thin Air Conference. Western State College. Gunnison, CO, July 2011.
- “What Flash Fiction Editors Want.” Association of Writers and Writing Programs (AWP—National Conference). Washington, DC, February, 2011.
- “Job, with Benefits: Moving from Adjunct to Full-Time.” Arapahoe Community College, March, 2011.
- “Leading Effective Class Discussions.” Master Teaching Curriculum, Arapahoe Community College, November, 2010.
- “Using Online Tools in Developmental English.” Red Rocks Community College. Developmental English Department, Lakewood, April,2009.
- “Journaling as a Tool for Early Childhood Educators.” Red Rocks Child Care Center. Tutors Without Borders, Lakewood, February 2008.
- “Rapping it Up: Using Rap in an English Composition Classroom.” RMMLA Conference. Tucson, Arizona: October, 2006.
- “21st-Century Learners.” NAU Graduate Student Orientation. Flagstaff, Arizona,August,2006.
- “Beyond Bitches and Hoes: Rethinking Women’s Place in Rap Music.” PEAKS Conference. Flagstaff, Arizona: March, 2006.
For full curriculum vitae, please email your request to